Talented and Gifted (TAG) Program
- Grades K-2, there is no formal assessment for the Talented and Gifted program. Students are selected based on teacher recommendation, classroom observation, and a body of evidence regarding a student's exceptional learning profile.
- Grade 3-5- In third grade, ITBS and CogAT test scores and a body of evidence are used to determine participation in the TAG program. (See state guidelines)
- Students in the TAG program may be required to complete work in addition to that required in the regular classroom. This work often centers on areas of special interest of the child.
- Regular classroom assignments may be "compacted", if it is material that the child has already mastered and the student can demonstrate mastery of those skills.
Please contact Dawn Martini –TAG Coordinator at(firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or would like further information.
SPED Resource Program
- Resource - Students with an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) can receive services, support, small group intervention, and help in the classroom through this program. We have a highly qualified team who is passionate about supporting students.
- Speech – Students with an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) who require speech services are able to work with our speech pathologist in a variety of settings towards their individual goals.
- Occupational Therapy – Students with an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP), who require O.T. support in the school setting are able to receive one on one support as well as acting as a liaison with their teacher to help implement necessary learning platforms for your student.
For Resource please contact, Haylee Driscoll at (Haylee.email@example.com), or Shannon Summers a(Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org). For Speech please, contact Emily Koski at (Emily.email@example.com). For Occupational Therapy please contact, Mandie Considine1 at (Mandie.firstname.lastname@example.org).
English Language Learners Program (ELL)
- Students who have a formalized plan for learning English can receive services, support, small group intervention, and help in the classroom through this program as well as acting as a liaison with their teacher to help implement necessary learning platforms for your student.
Please contact Wendy Cochrane at (email@example.com) if you have any questions or would like further information.
Communication / Social Delay (CSD) Program
- This program is for students with severe communication or social disorders, such as those needs that are often present in students identified with autism spectrum disorder.
- The CSD program provides a variety of supports so that students attend and learn in the general education environment and they interact and develop friendships with other students throughout the school. There are benefits for all students when kindness, compassion and understanding are practiced in real – life situations.
Please contact Jessica McMichael at (Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or would like further information.
Multi – Tiered Systems of Support Program (MTSS)
- MVES is dedicated to meeting the needs of all children. We are committed to supporting student success and have developed a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) model to ensure that students are successful academically and behaviorally. Within this model of best teaching practices, teachers deliver instruction and interventions which are matched to student needs. An integral part of the MTSS model is progress monitoring and data collection which are the foundation of making informed instructional decisions for students. MTSS is a three tiered systems approach that connects classroom teachers with resources to assist all learners identified as needing academic or behavioral supports. Our shared goal is for all students to reach their potential. Parents are an active and integral part of this educational partnership. We value your participation and input in meeting the needs of your child in this process.
- Reading, Writing, and Math small group support is provided for students in grades K-5
- Frequent assessments are given.
- Participation is determined by teacher, parent and data from assessments.
- Parents are an important part of the support team for students who need this help.
Please contact Corinne Gorsch –MTSS Coordinator at (email@example.com) if you have any questions or would like further information.