General Information and Questions
Communication is one of our top priorities. It is important that parents are informed and connected with their child's well-being while at school. Each teacher will communicate with their group of parents in a variety of ways; Class Websites, SeeSaw, Schoology, Email, Letters Home, etc. In general, email is a great way to communicate with your teacher, case manager or other staff here at school. Please allow 24-hours for response as most of our staff are in the classroom with your children throughout the day. If you have a specific concern, please initiate that conversation with the child's teacher first. If you feel you need further discussion, please call or email our front office to contact administration.
20Alert is an email alert and news system that is designed to provide parents with the most up to date information from the school or the district. The only way 20Alert can be successful for your family is if your data in Infinite Campus is accurate! If you have problems receiving message to the numbers and emails you indicated, please contact the district help desk at: email@example.com
Telephones / Cell Phone Usage Students are not to call parents without teacher permission. Calls can be made from the front office.
- If it is necessary for your student to use a personal cell phone before or after school, it must be turned off and left in backpacks during the school hours. The school does not take responsibility for loss, damage or theft of cell phones. This policy applies to all school related events (i.e. Field trips, clubs, school dances, etc.) If cell phones are used during the school day they will be held in the office until parents pick them up.
- Since personal devices are not filtered through the district internet filter, they will not be allowed for use during the school day.
- Telephone calls will not be put through to classrooms during the school day. Office personnel are happy to forward a message to your child should it be required.
Folders Sent Home
To keep parents informed and up to date with school events, notices will be sent home with your student regarding homework, special assignments, field trips, classroom and school activities, lunch menus, newsletters and school forms, etc. This information will come home in our Communication Folders each Wednesday. This folder is designed for you to find the information that needs to be reviewed and then return needed items in the same folder the next day.
Schoology is a learning management system that allows users to create, manage, and share content and resources. Schoology is a cloud-based platform that provides tools to manage any classroom or blended learning environment. Each student will receive a login and password to Schoology as this is one of the platforms that they'll learn from throughout their time at Mountain View.
A parental permission form will be provided by the teacher and must be signed by a parent for each event. Participation will only be allowed if the form is returned with a parent signature. In many cases, students will be asked to pay a fee to participate in a field trip activity, as well as to pay for the required transportation costs. Refunds will not be given for students who are not be able to participate due to last minute emergencies, etc. The cost of field trips is determined by the amount of students attending and is paid in advance of the activity or event.
- The purpose of the field trip experience is to extend the learning and support grade level curriculum. Please do not sent additional funds with your child (i.e. money for gift shop, etc.)
- Please remind your student that all school procedures and policies are in effect while on field trips, to include non-use of personal electronic devises.
If you have a need for financial support in order for your child to attend a field trip please contact the front office (719-234-4800) for assistance.
Community Use of the Building:
Community organizations are allowed to use the building under D20 Rules and regulations for a rental fee. Please contact the main office (234-4800) for more information.
Bicycles and Scooters
Pets on School Grounds
For the safety of all, pets, including leashed pets, are not allowed in the school building or on school grounds. Dogs (other than service dogs) are not allowed on school property. This is to ensure the safety of our students.
Birthday and Other Celebrations
- Please contact your child's classroom teacher in advance if you plan to send in birthday treats.
- Birthday celebrations are scheduled at the discretion of the teacher.
- Invitations to birthday parties or other celebrations outside of school should not be sent to school for distribution unless the entire class is to be invited.
- Many students have severe allergies, so it is imperative that parents coordinate with the classroom teacher in order to provide safe treats for the students.