Mountain View school days begin at 8:35am. School doors open at 8:20. Attendance will be taken within the first 10 minutes of class. If your child arrives after 8:35am, he/she will be marked as tardy and a Parent or Guardian is required to sign them in at the front office.
- If you know that your child will not be in school or will be late due to an appointment, please call the school at (719) 234-4800. You can call anytime (day or night) and leave a voicemail or you may send an email to email@example.com
- If your student is going to be late and needs to order a school lunch, please call the office and leave the student's name, name of the teacher and the lunch option he/she wants. The office submits the lunch count at 9:30am.
- If the office is not notified of an absence, a phone call will be made to the parent(s) to inquire about the reason for the absence. If parents are not reached the absence remains as unexcused in the system.
- If you are planning a vacation that is 3 days or longer please notify the front office a minimum of 3 days in advance. Vacations are not excused absences.
- Four unexcused absences in one month may result in a student being labeled habitually truant.
- Ten unexcused absences in a school year may result in a student being labeled habitually truant.
- Habitual truancy requires a meeting between the school and parents, to develop an attendance plan.
Arrival and Departure Procedure
The first bell rings at 8:20. The tardy bell rings at 8:35. Students will be allowed into the building at 8:20 and will proceed to the classroom. Students should not arrive on school grounds before 8:20 as there will be no supervision for students other than students attending a school sponsored activity. Siblings who are not part of the activity must remain with parents until the normal start of the school day.