WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students)
WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is a safe school initiative of the National Center for Fathering that involves fathers and father figures to help create a safe and secure learning environment in our nation’s schools.
Who are Watch D.O.G.S.? Fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father figures who volunteer to serve no more than once per semester (2 quarters) in a variety of school activities as assigned by the school principal or classroom teacher.
The WATCH D.O.G.S. Program strives to:
- Raise the banner of positive fathering through the forum of schools.
- Awaken fathers to the values and benefits of committed fathering.
- Change the culture by which every child has a father or father figure to connect with in a positive way at school.
- Help every school in America be positively impacted by the committed involvement of fathers and father figures in their children’s life.
Calling all D.O.G.S.!
Would you like to volunteer with the Mountain View Elementary D.O.G.S. program? Follow these steps:
1. Complete a background check form (link below) and return to the front office. THIS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOU CAN BE A WATCH DOG.
2. Sign up for your Watch DOG day by either:
- Visiting our online calender
- Contacting Linda McQuade at 719-234-4802 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Come to the school on your day (no earlier than 8:15 am, please!) and have a great time with your student.
Watch DOGS versus Students Soccer Game
Friday, May 18th from 4:30-5:30pm on the upper field
See flyer below for more information.