(Dads of Great Students)
WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is a safe school initiative of the National Center for Fathering that involves fathers and father figures to help create a safe and secure learning environment in our nation’s schools.
Who are Watch D.O.G.S.? Fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father figures who volunteer to serve no more than once per semester (2 quarters) in a variety of school activities as assigned by the school principal or classroom teacher.
The WATCH D.O.G.S. Program strives to:
- Raise the banner of positive fathering through the forum of schools.
- Awaken fathers to the values and benefits of committed fathering.
- Change the culture by which every child has a father or father figure to connect with in a positive way at school.
- Help every school in America be positively impacted by the committed involvement of fathers and father figures in their children’s life.
Calling all D.O.G.S.!
Would you like to volunteer with the Mountain View Elementary D.O.G.S. program? Follow these steps:
1. Complete a background check form (link below) and return to the front office. THIS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOU CAN BE A WATCH DOG.
2. Sign up for your Watch DOG day by either:
- Visiting our Online Calendar (not up yet)
- Contacting TBD
3. Come to the school on your day (no earlier than 8:15 am, please!) and have a great time with your student.
Watch D.O.G.S Pizza Night - Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 5:00-6:30PM in the gym
Check back soon for our next WatchDOGS event. In the mean time - come and Volunteer!
Contact the Watch D.O.G.S. director: Cassandra Williams 719-234-4802